Friday, March 12, 2010

I wish you well Coconut, lets get back to poetry.

Thank you to anyone who read my last blog. Believe me, as idealistic as I am, it took a lot for me to write down what I did. My biggest fear when I write is that people will think, "Oh it's Munish being Munish" or that I am writing about a specific person and will not actually try and understand what I am articulating. Having said that, I did receive a lot of different kinds of feedback from people. Most of it thankfully was very positive, still I want to clarify a few things.

1) I do not hate women or brown people.
I have always enjoyed the richness of my culture, I just refuse to accept some of the human traditions and beliefs that exists in a culture that is so proud of a collective oneness, equality and inclusion.
Why would I hate Women? True I have had my heartbroken, Yes I have loved someone who does not love me in return. However, I am responsible for all of those decisions it is a part of my Karma. Yes there are some Women who have wronged me but that pales in comparison to all the Women that believe in me, and care for me.
No two Women are ever the same, so I would be an ignorant fool if I let one woman represent all of them.

2) I am glad people saw the internal racism and Segregation that occurs in our South Asian Culture. How is it Ok to have friends of Different religion, caste or sects, but choosing them as a mate is out of the question? In fact many of us boys maybe even a few girls still end up dating someone who is not of the same caste, religion, race with absolutely no intentions of marrying them. That is right folks, we are prepared to create a strong bond with another person and give them our heart, but marriage is out to the question. Most of the time its because they do not want to let there "families down". I ask, If friendship is equal to love and Love can not exist without Friendship why the hell are we setting ourselves up for disappointment then? True when we are young we don't really know what we want, and most of us are not looking to get married. Still, if you meet someone and you connect on 9 out of 10 points wouldn't you want to spend the rest of your life with 9 reasons you should be with that person, rather then 1 reason you couldn't be with that person. (that one point usually ends up being Family, Religion or Money) My mother once told me there is always difference between people, but we are all different and that is what makes us all the same.

3) Any issued I brought up can describe anyone regardless of color, religion, but I can bet you a South Asian person can attach it to more then one Occasion in there lives.

I will write more on these issues and other as time goes on, but I still want to post some poetry.........so here we go.

Move On

I have poisoned many pages with your love attempting to appease this heart.
Writing page after page like a holy sage.
Worshipping you like a Goddess expressing to the world what my hell is.
Yes I understand your mortality, but your effect on me is heavenly.

God has punished me for doing this, by demanding I treat you like the rest.
Falling to my knees I will repent, yet I fear this heart will not relinquish its commitment.

My dear I have lost track of reality and turned my life into a tragedy.
Still, the simply truth is... I did this.
This boy listened to his heart, now that same heart is torn apart.
I should have listened to my peers.
Now I spend nights holding back tears.

Please do not question my heart, it must simply learn to live without.
Now like fictional lovers of times past our love to will not come to pass.

So I will take all the love that I have for you, and light a fire for the world to see.
Use this blaze to drive me to succeed.
That way no matter where destiny guides me, you will always be able to find me.

M Sharma

1 comment: