Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Piece of my Heart/ Soul affliction

Piece of my Heart

This one piece of my heart thinks of a parallel life.
One in which every morning I awake with you as my wife.

This one piece will love you, when you give your heart to another.
This one piece will love you, when you become a mother.

It will always love you.
It is impossible for you to denounce it.
This affection has stitched itself to the core of my soul.
I will not live without it.

I confess it is a selfish love, it does not request your attention.
Sadly, because the one piece of my heart recalls your choice to be absent.

The rest of my heart requires a greater love.
The kind of love that one piece of my heart lives of.

************
Soul affliction

When moving I am in constant thought.
Reminding myself of moments and times forgot.

Living in the past is said to be a curse.
Still I can think of evil that is far worse.

The sunlight today plays with my desires.
The cool seductive breeze plots to weaken my knees.
While my heart... sings a hymn about how life could have been.

Curse? I see no curse.

Had I not loved, I would have disrespected the universe.
Your love is no sickness, my soul is allowed to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment