Friday, April 16, 2010

Ipod March 06 April 10

On April 7, 2010 I lost my Ipod ( single tear)
I have to make it clear this was not some ordinary electronic device for me. It was my Companion.
I can still remember the song I was listing to when the bus first pulled into Vancouver over 3 years ago. It was Alicia Key's, If I I ain't Got you ft Usher. How did I lose it? It fell out of my pocket while I was looking at a confusing text getting off the bus. I guess my Ipod wasn't supposed to go where I was going.
So I just want to say Thank you Ipod.
Thanks for filling my head with beautiful music, when I was only worth $18 walking up and down hasting st near PNE telling me to Turn the Page.
Thanks for being my own personal Night Club, before I owned a stereo or computer. Dancing in my room like an Idiot :)
You told me I could fly, that This years love will last, reminded me I live in a Mad world.
You asked me What makes a man? Told me of the Best I Ever Had.
Others use Ipods to tune the world out, you help to teach me what the world is all about.
I bought I steel black case to protect your soft covering so I could use you when I went to the gym. you protected me from going insane.
My friend, I took her everywhere, to work, to a night out on the town, even when I went to get a haircut.
You only could hold 200 songs, but each song had a specific meaning to me.
It's not easy Being Green- Kermit the frog (A song for the child in me)
Waiting in Vain-Bob Marley (For the Girls who made me feel this way)
Brown Sugar- D angelo ( I gets high of your love don't know how to behave)
You are So Beautiful-Joe Cocker (Regina)
Kabhi Kabhi- Mukesh
Rude Boy- Rhianna (for the ladies in the club)
True all of these songs are on my ITunes, but they are all on there for you. Many of the 1000 songs I have, have played at least once on your 200 song cycle.
You where the last material keep sake I had that reminded me of "Regina Munish" Now you to have become my past.
When I plugged you in, you connected to my heart
Thank you Ipod. I will miss you.
Black steely
March 18, 2006 - April 7, 2010.

M Sharma
*************
Starting next week I will be writing about the upcoming I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Chicken: Best of Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment