Thursday, February 4, 2010

Parts

I have always been a Romantic.

I have come to believe that it is something I inherited from my parents. My Mother breaths Love into the world, in fact she loves so much that she even loves those who are unworthy of her. It is not a competition she just loves openly, she has told me many times that Hate hollows our soul and destroys our inner essence. Then in her passionately speaking voice she would say, "why would you want to do that?". My Father is a Loyal Lover he does not need to speak poetry or show large productions of love for you to know he loves you. It exists in his eyes always apparent and never waning. Early on in my childhood he told me, " The only people that matter in this world are your Mom, Sister, Brother and your Dad. Nobody should ever break you a part". When I got older he changed it to Wife and Children saying, " When you get Married the most important people are your Wife and kids. Always be there for each other first, everyone else is second... even your Mom and Dad". He added the last part with a smirk. This advice I have not forgotten and refuse to forget. It made sense to me, if two people connect and are happy together that is what should matter first and last. The world will almost certainly through innumerable obstacles your way, but if two people are sound in each others love nothing will rip you apart.

This is a major make up of who I am, I am Loyal to the ones I Love and even care for those who at times consider me forgettable.
The only downfall I have ever seen of being a Romantic is when I have encounter those who ground you and do not allow you to fly. Let me make it clear, A ROMANTIC DOES NOT HAVE HIS/HER HEAD IN THE CLOUDS OR LIVE IN A DREAM WORLD. THEY DREAM SO THAT THOSE DREAMS CAN COME TO FRUITION IN THE REAL WORLD. THEY ARE AMONG THE CLOUDS BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SEE ALL THAT IS OFFERED TO THEM, BUT THEY DO LIVE IN THIS WORLD. THEY LIVE IN THIS REALITY, THEY JUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO CHANGE THE WORLD THEY LIVE IN. ( Sorry I am not really yelling:). )

I promise that as I progress the poetry I share will become slightly more positive. Believe it or not I am funny, but there is more to me then Jokes and a youthful exuberance.


False
Nothing feels right without her
I will always be searching for a place beside her.
Even in the same room she is never close enough
Yet I am to prideful to admit my hellacious emptiness.

So we stand there pretending there is nothing between us.
While our hearts and souls scream out that this is ridiculous.
This is the torture we must place ourselves in
because our elders and peers call our union a sin.

Often these days I question the world around me.
Why do I choose to live with the ignorance that surrounds me?

How can I accept that this is our culture?
When at times we act like ravenous vultures.
We attack each others vulnerabilities
Claiming to be an accepting society.
We build up barrier's calling them differences
But we are simply fortifying our imprisonment

All I ever did was love another.
Yet the age I live in has made me a martyr.
Now I am forced into this crippling disposition
Thanks to the glorious word Tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment