Thursday, February 11, 2010

Parts 2

One of the greatest titles you can have in the world is Brother or Sister.

I have been a Brother since I can remember.
In fact I do not have a single memory in my life where I was not a Brother.
My younger Brother Rajnish has always been in my life, he is my First Friend. He is one of the most well put together people I know, and I am lucky enough to call him my brother. He naturally posses qualities that some people get "How to" books on, or take classes about. If you ever get the chance to spend time with him you will find out what I mean.
My younger sister is my Gift from God.
The first memories I have all concern my sister.
The first one is my mom asking me if I wanted another Brother or a sister.
To this day all I have to do is close my eyes and I am transported back to 1985. Standing on the steps upstairs, pulling on the stairway rail announcing to my mom that I wanted a sister and that if she brought home another brother I would kick him out of the house. ( Its not because Raj was to much it was because he was already the best brother I could ask for)
My second memory is meeting my sister for the first time.
It's a story that is very dear to my heart, but it is also one that I will always prefer to tell in person.
The third memory is naming her Monica
It was down to Monica and another name ( as you can see the other name is not worth remembering)
I remember hearing Monica and going, "THAT is my sisters name". I then proceeded to jump up and down on a hospital bed yelling, "Monica, Monica, Monica."
Of course my Mom and Dad turned around and yelled at me, but my job was done.
They named her Monica. :)
Rajnish and Monica have always pushed me to be better.
They are the reasons why I became a leader and protector.
I have and always will push myself as hard as I can because I refuse to let my little brother and sister down.
They will tell me very quickly that there is nothing I can do that will let them down, but that is why they are so wonderful.
They have always believed in there Weird, Romantic, Goofy older Brother. :)

I only wish to share these important things about me, because I want people to better understand the major pillars that make me who I am. My Family is as wonderful as any other persons family, my intention is not to "rub it in" or "gloat".
I believe it will help give anyone who takes the time out of there important lives to read this blog a better understanding of what drives me.
BUT I do hope it possibly makes others appreciate there loved ones and drives them to believe in love and take chances.
No matter what I do in life my family will not leave my side.
I won't let them.
I love them to damn much. :)

As per usually some more written work. Enjoy!

1230

At 1230 the phone would always ring
No matter what mood she was in.
I would do my best to disguise my joy.
Every so often I even acted annoyed.

She was always so quick to say,
"Should I let you go?"
Even though she knew I would always say no.
She would regale me with stories of her day
I would sit there smirking as she vented away.
Eventually she would apologizes for talking to much
then be so quick to question "Why I liked her so much?"

I would reply with some devilish remark.
The truth is she had become a piece of my heart.

She became my personal lullaby.
I would not close my eyes with out her affectionate Goodnights.

*******
1230 and my phone is lifeless.
I should have know it would come to this.
I fight every urge to pick up the phone.

I have to teach myself to leave her alone.

She has made it clear she does not need me.
All her words have become deceiving.
There are a great many obstacles we would have to face
for this love to take place.

She would once start a conversation by saying, "Talk".
But no one cares to hear the words of a broken heart.

Each night at 1230 I wait for the phone to ring.
Hoping for the night when she will call again.

M Sharma

1 comment: